Top Menu

Comanche

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paul Paul 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Piertoni
    Piertoni
    Participant

From an interview of screenwriter Eric Roth reported by Hitfix, seems exist a Michael Mann project named “Comanche“.
    Is it just a columnist supposition?

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting that really interesting interview. Brilliant… liked The Insider poster sitting in his room.

As for the “Comanche” mention, it may be one of Roth’s ongoing side projects – who knows. But reading about Comanche as an Indian tribe with a horse culture, I am doubtful Mann will want to do ANYTHING with horses again!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Paul Paul.
    Profile photo of Piertoni
    Piertoni
    Participant

I think Eric Roth is a great screenwriter and that The Insider and Ali are two of best Movie of Michael. So I hope new collaboration between the two as in a crepuscular Western.
    I don’t think that the horses death is the real reason for the closure of Luck. So why not a new film with horses?

Profile photo of FR
    FR
    Participant

Mann has been talking about doing a historical for some time now…I think he wanted to visit the battle of Agincourt. I hope that project is not shelved. I understand that getting historicals made is extremely difficult in Hollywood today and Mann is not exactly Mr Box Office..but if he were to go back to that project, I think Eric Roth would be an excellent writer for that.

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Keymaster

We all thought Mann was being indecisive about the next movie he was going to make, but Mann says he has been researching Blackhat for 4 years or more. It seems he was committed to the Blackhat project earlier than we originally thought. Agincourt has been attached to Mann for the same length of time. My concern is that he is getting too old to have the energy to work on such an epic scale that Agincourt would require – which is no slight on Mann. Just reality. But that said, Mann has a strength few of us possess. I agree, it needs a mighty script, and Roth is well proven.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar