Top Menu

Blackhat trailer finally arrives!

Homepage Forums Group Forums MICHAEL MANN MOVIES Blackhat Blackhat trailer finally arrives!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of FR FR 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Keymaster

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Paul Paul.
    Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of FR
    FR
    Participant

The box office opening was quite poor.. My only concern is that it does not hamper the prospects of Mann’s future films.

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Keymaster

Yes, extremely poor opening numbers. Blackhat made just $4 million over the opening weekend, with a production cost of $70m. American Sniper is taking all the headlines and ticket sales away from Blackhat, making $105 million in the first 4 days. Typically, Mann’s movies are most appreciated retrospectively, sadly. There are exceptions, mainly Collateral and The Last of the Mohicans. I can’t allow audience numbers to tell me whether it’s a good film or not, but it’s still extremely disappointing to see such a poor response. I live in the UK, so have to wait until Feb before I can see it. I agree, it will raise questions with future projects. I think Mann needs a change of genre.

Profile photo of FR
    FR
    Participant

I live in Australia so I won’t be watching it before 26th of February. I hope it gets decent numbers overseas though, especially China.

I think Mann made a bit of a blunder with Hemsworth from purely a box office point of view. This guy is not really a star in the way Cruise, Depp or Di Caprio is. Take Thor away and no one is really interested to see his movies. This led to a poor opening.

Collateral got that opening because of Cruise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar